Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding layout selection rule "OR"

Hey guys, I want to have like this,

I have two database with cities names, one called "COMPANY_NAME" and another called "Name". As I have two maps for each of this databases, every time that I select "Company_Name", it changes also in the other map. So, I want to have this statement:

"Every time that 'COMPANY_NAME' is selected, the field 'Name' is cleared, and every time that the field 'Name' is selected, the field ''COMPANY_NAME' is cleared"

So, anyone got a hint on that?

This thread is a way that I am also trying to solve this problem:

http://community.qlik.com/thread/92011

if someone got a hint on this thread, it might help me solving the problem.

Thank you

5 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

Try with

Document properties -. Trigger -> Field Event Trigger.

Hope that helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you're using QV11 you could consider creating two alternate states, one for each map, and then assign one state to the COMPANY_NAME listbox and the corresponding map and assign the other alternate state to the Name listbox and its corresponding map. Selections in an alternate state will only affect objects in the same alternate state. You can add alternate states on the General tab of the document properties and assing an alternate state to an object on the General tab of that objects properties window.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

ok, that's quite new for me, So, I can add for the same map object an alternate state? Could you please show me this in my document? the link is on the main post. I am also seeing it here...

Not applicable
Author

So, I created an alternate state called "2013 state", I want it to be activated when Year = 2013. Where do I make that happen??????

Not applicable
Author