Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wenkew186
Creator
Creator

QVS reload parallel process

HI ALL,

I want know about the QVS if can start reload several QVW file at the one time? And what is the run process, one reload complete and start next , or  At the same time run?   if  any affect when i run the QVW reload by QVS at the same time?  if  have the parallel limit and How to  look the setting in QVS?

Thanks very much!

kevin.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi Kevin,

1. The QVS does not deal with reload of task. The service responsible for reload/distribution of task is QDS .

2. It's depend on your QMC settings and the server capacity that how many task you can run parallely(max  I think is 20 and in normal case it will 9).

3. If the number of task is more then the expected By QMC (according to settings) then the extra task will be in waiting and if some task complete then the task which is present in pipeline will execute .

4. The waiting time is 45 minitue , if the QV engine is not allocated within 45 min then the task will fail automatically.

Thanks,

D J

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Kevin,

1. The QVS does not deal with reload of task. The service responsible for reload/distribution of task is QDS .

2. It's depend on your QMC settings and the server capacity that how many task you can run parallely(max  I think is 20 and in normal case it will 9).

3. If the number of task is more then the expected By QMC (according to settings) then the extra task will be in waiting and if some task complete then the task which is present in pipeline will execute .

4. The waiting time is 45 minitue , if the QV engine is not allocated within 45 min then the task will fail automatically.

Thanks,

D J

vivek_niti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

If you dont have publisher then you can schedule the task in server itself.

There are multiple ways in which the reloads can be setup.

1. starting the reloads based on a specific time.

2. starting the reloads if the previous reload has been completed.

3. creating multiple dependency for the reloads.

There is usually a limit to the number of parallel reloads which is 9. if you want more parallel reloads then you have to increase the HEAP memory. (But the maximum you can go to is the no. of cores the server has)

Vivek

wenkew186
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you very much DJ!

it's a perfection answer. i found in my QEMC have a section, "Reload Limit" --"Max concurrent reloads = 2"  if the value is right to explain my issue?

wenkew186
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you very much Vicek!

I ,don't clear what is the function  about  the publisher , can you have a teaching to me?

if i have 2 server S1 and S2,. there have a QVW file in hard drive of S1, but I want release it by S2. if  limit about publisher ?

thanks,

kevin.