Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Failed to send response: The specified network name is no longer available

Dear All,

I'm currently running 11.0.11440.0 and have encountered abnormal event (as per above) being logged in Event Log.

Regards,

Kho

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I'm agreed with Miguel, where it should be a Windows related bugs, not QV's bugs.

Regards,

Kho

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Check that the user running QlikView services have permissions on the shared folder where the files are being stored after reload.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

All QV Users actually having Read and Execute rights on the folder where all the QV files stored and QV Administrator (The account used to reload the QVW File) will have Full Control on those said files.

Any other special permission required ?

Regards,

Kho

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Check that there are not network load balancers in place with very small timeouts and that the network is working all right between the QlikView server and the storage server.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

As we only have single QV Server, I do not have "load balancer" setting.

Regards,

Kho

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

What about the user? And issues with the network shared resource? Is that a Windows server or an appliance?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

None of the users having sharing issue. At the same time, I do not know where and what does the error message meant, as it only have a error message but do not have the detail on what " specific network name" not available. That's the reason why I can't solve the issue, as it does not telling me which and what network name not available.

Regards,

Kho

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Kho,

That's an standard Windows OS error message (see here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961293 and here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc959823.aspx, for example), not a QlikView one. QlikView detects something wrong in this case and reflects what the OS tells him.

Regards,

Miguel

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Hi Lien,

Please, paste the complete message to understand the problem. When this logs starts?

Did you see Qlikview Server Log?

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ricardo,

The Qlikview Server log show the same message.

Regards,

Kho