Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cheburashka
Creator III
Creator III

Does a Public Qlikview server exist?

Hi,

I wondered if a public Qlikview server exists?

A server where I can upload my document for free and share it publicly.

Similar like demo.qlik.com but anyone would be allowed to put a document on the server.

This would make it way more easy to share insights and information.

,Thanks for your response and ideas.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Then what you need is more likely a IAS license of QlikView Server, that allows you to publish QVW files to the public audience, as long as some Session CAL licenses. I'd keep suggesting to get in touch with your QlikView Account Manager so he or she can help you with your specific needs.

Kind regards,

Miguel

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

I guess you mean a "Personal Edition" license of the QlikView Server as it happens with QlikView Desktop, something free but somehow limited. The answer is no, it does not exist. However, you can contact your QlikView Account Manager in case he can provide you with temporary licenses.

Kind regards,

Miguel

cheburashka
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello,

No I'm not really looking for a Personal Edition Qlikview server. It is already to complex. I would like to have a place where I can upload a QVW file. The service returns me an URL and I would than be able to share that URL with friends or on a Blog. Ofcourse the URL links to the file on an AccessPoint and is not merely a Download link.

I would more see it like a Google Excel sheet you share.

The QVW's are always public and downloadable, otherwise you are more or less able to create a private server ofcourse...

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Then what you need is more likely a IAS license of QlikView Server, that allows you to publish QVW files to the public audience, as long as some Session CAL licenses. I'd keep suggesting to get in touch with your QlikView Account Manager so he or she can help you with your specific needs.

Kind regards,

Miguel

Not applicable

Hi Koen,

Do you mean a place like Tableau Public? I'd love to see Qliktech do something like that.

Dave

Not applicable

Yes me too wish some one can provide this service for those who can only afford to buy QV developler license.

cheburashka
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Dave,

Yes, I just checked it out. I think this is what I'm looking for with Qlikview.

It would be very interesting and have many benefits, some examples:

• Cool visualizations / QVWs will spread much faster.
  • Qlikviews brand recognition will increase because you'll encounter it everywhere
  • Sharing best practices will become more easy.
  • QVC components will be accessible to all users and not only people with licenses (now you can't open the example QVWs when you are a free user)
Not applicable

This is one of the major reasons I use Tableau almost exclusively these days. Being that all of my work for my employer is confidential, I need somewhere to showcase a personal portfolio without taking out a mortgage to do so.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi Kamron,

Qlik Sense Cloud is available for free: https://www.qlikcloud.com/

Hope this helps,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!