Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVMC9: Membership of local security groups is missing

Hey guys,

I just installed QVS9 on my Windows XP machine, and I run into this when accessing the Management console:

Access Denied: Membership of local security groups is missing.

The user is already part of the Qlikview Administrators local group and Administrators local group.

I tried uninstalling all Qlikview components, and then a clean install of QVS9. Not working.

All Qlikview services are running, except the Qlikview WebServer, which doesn't start, since there is no documents to be shared (my guess).

I found nothing that could help in the QVS reference manual...

From there, I'm out of ideas...

You're help is appreciated guys, as always, thanks.

Nicolas

28 Replies
johnpaul
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I have exactly the same problem with my new QVS installation.

It worked fine for weeks and now it has just stopped.

The access point works OK, and users can browse, but the management console won't work.

I have rebooted, changed the services to .\Administrator and logged in and out a number of times, but still no luck.

johnpaul
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I logged back in using the account which I initially performed the installation with. (I created a local account called qvadmin and made it a member of the local admin group).

Once I had logged in with that local account, the management console would work.

Then I was able to login with the local .\Administrator account and the console works as well. But if I login with the DOMAIN\Admininstrator account, I still get the same error, anyone know why?

johnpaul
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I had added the Domain Admins group to the local administrator group.

I then added the actual DOMAIN\Administrator account to the local administrator group, then logged out and back in, now it seems like it all works OK.

(fingers crossed 😉

parkera
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

The gotcha is the 'log out' and 'log back in' once the settings are correct and services have been stopped and started. The manual should advise to create a QlikView Adminstrators group a QlikView Administrator profile, make it a member of Administrors and QlikView Administrtors group then do the install of the server using that profile then there should be no issue. Check your pre requisites as well. Dot net version etc.

Not applicable
Author

Anyone have any other suggestions? I am experiencing the same problem on my desktop computer running Windows XP. I can install QVS9, but when I try to access it with the administrator's name and password I see this error on the web page:

Access Denied
Membership of local security groups is missing.
Please refer to the manual for more information.

I have reviewed the manual as recommended in the error message, but there's only a passing reference to "security group".

I tried all the combinations I can think of, including creating new administrator accounts, logging off/on, reboots, with/without passwords, and even setting the service user to be "Local System".

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Not applicable
Author

Exactily the same problem.

Impossible to install the QlikView Server on Win XP

Access Dennied

Try a lot of case without success !!!

Not applicable
Author

Up

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Well...

I found an answer to this problem(thanks to the guys hanging around this forum), and basically goes like this:

1. Create an service account witch is going to run the 5 QV services.

2. Make that account local Administrators.

3. Login with that account (so Windows can create the profile). This is the key part.

4. Do the install with that account (and make it run all 5 services).

5. Make sure the account is a member of the Qlikview Administrators local group.

5. Reboot.

6. Problem solved 🙂

Try it.

Not applicable
Author

I am going to try this asap

Thanks !!!

Not applicable
Author

This don't works for me.

I call the support ...