Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVMC9: Membership of local security groups is missing

Hey guys,

I just installed QVS9 on my Windows XP machine, and I run into this when accessing the Management console:

Access Denied: Membership of local security groups is missing.

The user is already part of the Qlikview Administrators local group and Administrators local group.

I tried uninstalling all Qlikview components, and then a clean install of QVS9. Not working.

All Qlikview services are running, except the Qlikview WebServer, which doesn't start, since there is no documents to be shared (my guess).

I found nothing that could help in the QVS reference manual...

From there, I'm out of ideas...

You're help is appreciated guys, as always, thanks.

Nicolas

28 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi all, I'm also facing the same problem. I checked the QlikView Administrators group and the username is in there. Just want to clarify one thing, the username format that I'm using to login is [Computer Name]\[User Name]. I dont have active directory/domain, so I only using the local machine. (Windows XP)

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

The support have been searching for a long time ... An with windows XP in local mode this is a problem with authorisation.

The serveur don t have the right on the server configuration file. (Don t remember web.config)

First you have to disable "Share of simple File" in Folder Option - Display (Last option)

UnInstall Qlikview Server

Delete the c:\Program File\QlikView (take care of personnal file)

Re-Install Qlikview Server

I confirm you that the login is Computer Name\User Name.

Hope this Help

Not applicable
Author

Thanks! It is working now! Big Smile

Not applicable
Author

I did that, but the issue persists. What else shall I try?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Having this exaxt problem and i have tried all the above suggestions. I am not part of a domain. That may be a difference between my configuration and others. I have tried the Adminstrators account, creating a qvadmin (all my account i have made part of the Administrators group and the QV Admin group...). I have restared services and logged out and back in all cases. I am running under XP service pack 3 but i started with service pack 2 and no difference. I believe I installed the most recent server product for 32bit which maybe release 4 or 5.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Not applicable
Author

Did you try disabling the Simple File Sharing option? It works for me. (Uninstall QVS -> Restart -> Disable Simple File Sharing -> Restart -> Install QVS)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'll give it a shot. thx.

Not applicable
Author

1. add the account (account that is being used to install the service) to the qlikview administrator group

2. Restart all services of qv

3.log off and login

this works for me. Hope it help you.

-Ashraf Hossain

Business Automation Ltd

Not applicable
Author

Hi Everyone,

All, you need to do is goto computer management >> Local Users and Groups >> Groups >> From right hand side list double click on QlikView Administrators >> Add >> add user click apply >> then log off and log in again.

Regards,

D