Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

What might cause buttons in QlikView to be "instable"?

Hi,

I have a phenomenon that I've actually had quite some times before in different scenarios: There is one button in one of the diagrams in a new QlikView_app I've developed that seems instable - like a lightbulb just before quitting its service - it appears and disappears at irregular intervals.

There was some weird formula for the availability of that button that seemed to be wrong, so I deleted that, but the button is still instable.

That is quite annoying to see, especially on one of the many operative PCs where my QlikView apps are supposed to run.

Can anyone offer some advice here as to how that problem might be solved?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

13 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

The only thing I can think off is that it has something to do with the layering. I found that when e.g. activating an object that should be layered behind the button, it does get in front when no custom layering is set. I personally layer all my objects that need to be in front with a custom layer 3 or higher.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Piet,

no, unfortunately that is not a solution.

Thanks anyway!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

marcus_sommer

With button you meant a button from grouped dimensions or expressions?

- Marcus

pgrenier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Have you tried recreating your button from scratch?

I remember objects having a funny behaviour in QV11's early releases and the solution was to recreate the objet from scratch (copy-paste and cloning didn't work)

Hope this helps, regards,

Philippe

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Marcus,

I mean neither - there is simply a button object in my navigation_bar that changes a variable, and that variable in turn changes both the dimension and the expressions in a multi-diagram - I use buttons everywhere rather than use cyclic_groups or drilldown_groups as they are "nicer".

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Philippe,

that might well be a solution.

I have all the buttons in my navigation_bar linked across all 11 sheets of this app - but ok, recreating one of them is not too much work.

I'll try.

pgrenier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Are your buttons in a container, by any chance?

If this is so, dragging an object out and bringing it back in also fixes other funny behaviours as I've recently noticed in cases of textboxes displaying images.

Cheers,

Philippe

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Philippe,

no, there is just one big textbox in the background (with just a color, nothing else) and in front of that (foreground or "normal") are all my buttons.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

marcus_sommer

Are you sure that your buttons are always in foreground and that there are not another objects which could be come per visibility-condition in foreground, perhaps older objects?

An alternatively could be not to use buttons else textboxes to execute any actions (they could be also better formatted).

- Marcus