Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to delete/clear the Publisher License

Hi I have to delete/clear a publisher license. I can see that the Server license tab has an option called "CLEAR LICENSE" , but that is not present in the publisher license.

I tried to manually delete the Publisher Lef after stopping the QDS and QMC (only these two are present in the PUB Server).

But the License just does'nt seem to get cleared and the Publisher Lef appears again the server .

Any suggestions ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

To remove the Publisher license follow the below steps:

1. Stop the QlikView Management Service (QMS) and QlikView Distribution Service (QDS) from Windows Services applet (Start menu > Administrative Tools > Services applet)
  2. Go  to folder %ProgramData%\QlikTech\ManagementService
  3. Rename/remove the PublisherLef folder
  4. Rename/remove the Reginfo.txt file
  5. Remove all xml and bak files located in the QVPR folder
  6. Rename/Remove 'qvpr_servername' Configuration Settings file
  7. Restart the QMS and QDS services from the Services applet
  8. In QlikView Management Console (QMC) navigate to System > Licenses > QlikView Publisher to confirm the Publisher serial number and LEF have been removed
Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Have you tried like?

Remove Serial number and LEF information, -> 'Apply License'

Not applicable
Author

Yes , but still the lef file gets re-created and the license information appears in the QMC

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try deleting the file that stores the information.

The Publisher license is contained in a file called PubLef.txt, located in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\Publisher LEF (or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\Publisher LEF on older operating systems). Stop all services, delete this file, and then start all services again and the Publisher license should disappear from QMC.

Not applicable
Author

I tried manually delete the Publisher Lef file after stopping the QDS and QMC (only these two are present in the PUB Server).

Still when i start the services again the lef file gets auto generated along with the license information.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Give another try this way

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

To remove the Publisher license follow the below steps:

1. Stop the QlikView Management Service (QMS) and QlikView Distribution Service (QDS) from Windows Services applet (Start menu > Administrative Tools > Services applet)
  2. Go  to folder %ProgramData%\QlikTech\ManagementService
  3. Rename/remove the PublisherLef folder
  4. Rename/remove the Reginfo.txt file
  5. Remove all xml and bak files located in the QVPR folder
  6. Rename/Remove 'qvpr_servername' Configuration Settings file
  7. Restart the QMS and QDS services from the Services applet
  8. In QlikView Management Console (QMC) navigate to System > Licenses > QlikView Publisher to confirm the Publisher serial number and LEF have been removed
Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!