Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Code to export script

Hi Guys and Gals,

We are having a problem with one of the SQL scripts written inside a QlikView application. The problem is, is that one of the scripts is locking tables within our database. We have over 200 QlikView dashboards and so going through each one is not really an option.

What I would like to know is if it is possible to read script tabs and copy all information from them and paste into another file like a .txt or .csv

I can create the loop that will read each QlikView application, just need to know if the above can be done and what the code for this piece would be

Many thanks,

Byron

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your approval Steve Means a lot coming from you! Thanks for the tip, and yes I definitely could have used Notepad++, will go check out SR32

Regarding the code for all to see, please bare with me! I have been a little inundated but since I love spending all my time on QlikView, will definitely upload a sample document this weekend for all to review

Cheers,

Byron

Not applicable
Author

Awesome Clever! Thanks for the very handy tip!

Manish_Kumar_
Creator
Creator

Hi Author

Just wondering if i could get this code ..would sought out a major problem!

Use case:  i want to find that out of 200 qlik applications, how many are using a particular qvd ..This is because that qvd will not longer be continuing a new qvd with new fields will be replacing it..

It could be a major use case to other organisations as well!!

So any kind of technical help would be appreciated! Rest your concept seems good!! @Author

Manish Kumar, Senior Business Analyst