Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using the data model/assosisations to create aggregate table

Hi,

We have quite complex data model and lots of data in our Qlikview report. I'd like to use the data model/assosisations and data in this Qlikview file to create simple aggregated and precalculated view (monthly totals) as a new table and then save this data as a .qvd file so I could then load that smaller dataset to another Qlikview report.

Is this possible in Qlikview scripting, or is my only option basically to display the aggregated data as a chart table, export it to file and then read that file in the other Qlikview report?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Yes, I wanted to use the associative logic in my script, but it looks like that isn't possible.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

No, you can aggregate in the script using GROUP BY in your LOAD and aggregation functions, like

LOAD Customer,

sum(Sales) as SummedSales

RESIDENT SalesTable GROUP BY Customer;

Not applicable
Author

But I cannot use values from other tables?

For example:

MonthlyTotalsByProduct:

LOAD

MasterCalendar.Month,

Product.Name,

COUNT(Customer.Id) AS TotalCustomers,

SUM(Sales.Sum) AS TotalSales

GROUP BY

MasterCalendar.Month,

Product.Name

;

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if I understand correctly, you want to reference fields from different tables in your aggregated table aggregation functions?

You need to create a table with your data to aggregate first (using e.g. CONCATENATE or JOIN), then LOAD this table with a GORUP BY clause. The associative logic works only in the frontend.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I wanted to use the associative logic in my script, but it looks like that isn't possible.