Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with grid charts/expression grouping expressions

So, I have a grid chart, and I want the Y Axis to be a measure value: Sum(Actual Quantity Ordered). From what I can tell, the fact that I have so many possible measure values on my Y Axis is causing my grid chart to spit out tiny circles as data points.

So I have two questions: is there some setting I can use to make my Y Axis value reflect ranges, instead of exact values?

If not, I'm assuming I'll need to group my measure values somehow. I'm attempting an IF statement in the expression definition:

=IF(Sum([Actual Qty Ordered])>40000, '40,000+',

IF(Sum([Actual Qty Ordered]))>20000 AND

IF(Sum([Actual Qty Ordered])<=40000, '20,000-40,000',

IF(Sum([Actual Qty Ordered]))>10000 AND

IF(Sum([Actual Qty Ordered])<=20000, '10,000-20,000', '0-10,000')

I'm trying to fit the values into 4 buckets. It's giving me an error, how do I fix it? I'm not familiar enough with syntax.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

Try this

=IF(Sum([Actual Qty Ordered])>40000, '40,000+',

IF(Sum([Actual Qty Ordered])>20000 AND Sum([Actual Qty Ordered])<=40000,'20000-40000',

IF(Sum([Actual Qty Ordered])>10000 AND Sum([Actual Qty Ordered])<=20000,'10,000-20,000',

'0-10,000')

)

)

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

PFA Hope it helps you

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. However, I forgot to mention that this shouldn't actually be applied to an expression. It's going to be a dimension. That is, I need four buckets of values on my Y axis dimension. And sorry, what you gave me doesn't work for that, and I have personal edition, so I can't look at your copy. Would the "bucketing" take place more smoothly at the script level?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Finally you can get answer or not michael