Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

VERY strange Publisher behaviour

Hi all

I am facing very strange QV Publisher poblem. I have one job defined in order to refresh my 3 applications. The job is scheduled and there are no errors during refresh process. After the job is finished I open a document but can not see any new records - I am sure it is in the source database. The strange thing is that after the publisher refreshes the document I can see its size is much bigger - that means new records are already there. Then, after i reload the document manually I can see all new records. STRANGE - isn't it?

Any ideas?

8 Replies
skaredovs
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Really strange Whisper

Which Publisher version are you using?

Not applicable
Author

v 8.5

skaredovs
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

So, you want to say, that QVW file size is growing and modification time is changing, but no new data inside? What do you see in bottom status bar in QlikView opening this application? There should be last reload time.

Not applicable
Author

The reload date comes from Publisher (hour:min:sec) . I've made some tests to check what is going on. I have limited number of records to 2000 using 'First 2000 load'. Then find out file size is 4 MB when I have refreshed document manually. After that I refreshed document using Publisher. The size was 37 MB Confused - it did not limited no of records!

Not applicable
Author

More. So far I have been using 'include' function to get the script from other location. I got the script directly to my document using 'insert file' function and after Publisher reloaded data i found my no of records limited. Indifferent It looks like Publisher refreshes document badly when using 'include' function.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Check with the table viewer by hovering with the mouse over table captions to see if the number of rows in the tables have changed. Since the size is changing it might be that you're accidentally loading rows of data that are identical to already existing rows, thus not being displayed in listboxes etc.

Otherwise I would suggest getting in touch with QlikView Support.

Not applicable
Author

Do somebody know if Publisher needs full rights to script file if using 'include' function or 'read' is just enough???

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I had a simmilar problem. Publisher did reload and distribution without any errors, at the open in server-accesspoint the time stated by the document was the last run time date of the job but when opening the document the data was never updated and the lowe-left date in the application was still the old one.

I solved it by deleting my job and distr/reload tasks and created it all over again.