Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Disappearing Lable Color in Bar Chart

Hi All

I have a bar chart where the label color is disappearing to be transparent.

Barchart.JPG.jpg

I dont know how to solve this. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? If I make a selection the color become visible again.

I am happy for any help.

9 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Could you share your app sample?

Not applicable
Author

I have attached the file with the graph where the color that is Disappearing. I have added background color that depends on the selection. If a selection is made the the label is showing the color for the largest selection. But if no selection is made the label is not showing any color at all.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. I have included the graph now. I am new with Qlikview so I forgot to add a sample file. I think it has to do with the background color expression that I have added. But yesterday the color for the labels did disappear as well when I didnt have a background color expression in the graph.

Not applicable
Author

File doesn't contain data for the date of 7 and 11..

Thats why it doesn't show bar...

If you don't want to show that emty value.. then check on Suppress Zero Values (Properties --> Presentation --> Suppress Zero Values)

and un check on Show all Values (Properties - -> Dimension)

Karthik

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

The problem is that your colour expression is only valid if 1 OpportunityMonth value is selected. See bold below:

=if(GetPossibleCount(OpportunityMonth)<>count({1}distinct Total OpportunityMonth),

if(match(OpportunityMonth,concat(distinct OpportunityMonth,',')),

rgb(138,138,138),

argb(250,192,192,192)))

This expression can't be evaluated if more than one OpportunityMonth is possible. If you select one month, then it will work. I am not sure what result you are aiming for with this logic.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

I want to have the record there where there is no value. The label color is disappearing, I have tried to uncheck check the Suppress Zero Values and Show all Values and this does not affect if the label colors are showing or not.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Indeed, it was because of the calculated bkground color. I removed that and see now it is working fine. PFA

Not applicable
Author

Yes but I want the calculated background color since it is changeing the color on the nonselected records to be more light.

Not applicable
Author

The expression is changing the color on the bars that are not selected if you make a selection.