Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

QMC is down, but the service is running

This just apeard out of the blue. Suddently the QMC repport the QDS to be down, but the service is running. I have restarted all the services and even restarted the entire server. But its still not woking.

Whats strange is that it seems like jobs are running on the server. I get logs from the QDS service and our application seems to be reloaded as they should.

Anyone have any idees?

Running QV 11.0 SR1

11 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Just a couple of questions to clarify a few things:

Are all services running under the same (service) account? Did group membership or policies change recently?

What does the Management Service log tell you about not seeing/not being able to contact the running QDS?

Are all other QV services running as they should and displayed as such in the QMC services overview?

Peter

gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Peter!

All services are using the same account.

The server has been added to a domain, but im still using the old local admin account for the services. I cant find any logs for the QMC.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In QMC->System->Setup->Management Service->General, set the logging level to something appropriate (Debug logging is ok now) and restart the QV Services. Management Service logs should now appear in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\Log.

Has the server move to a domain occurred recently?

Peter

gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Alright i increased to debugging logging.

And i found this:

2013-10-03 13:50:07.8247834ErrorFailed to retrieve QDS info: System.Exception: QDS did not respond to request.

Last exception (for http://?????:4720/QDS/Service): ANY did not respond to request.

Last exception (for http://?????:4720/QDS/Service): The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Ntlm'. The authentication header received from the server was 'NTLM'.

????? = servername

Im looking as the last row and thinking that this migt be the issue?

The server was added about a weeka go. This problems started yesterday.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Well, it seems that two QV services refuse to talk to each other. This may be caused by a whole slew of Windows-related issues, and as such we may be in for a longer journey.

Any chance you can switch over to using a domain service account for those QlikView services, i.e. one that is member of the Local Administrators group (and QlikView administrators) and whose password does NOT expire? That makes it easier to keep things going, for example if you have just a single AD DSC configured.

Peter

gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I have now switched to a domain account. The issue persists. All services are up except for the QDS...

Not applicable

in a command prompt try:

netstat -np TCP | find "4720"

You may find that a new service has arrived and is listening on port 4720. I've seen this happen with various Blade agents that monitor server state.

Assuming the above command returns something, now try this:

netstat -ab

This will list out the process names (look for the 4720 again). If the output is hard to read, try:

netstat -ab > c:\tmp.txt

>....and have a read of the text file.

gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

This is the only thing i get: 

TCP    192.168.xxx.xxx:4720    192.168.xxx.xxx:50828   ESTABLISHED

TCP    192.168.xxx.xxx:50828   192.168.xxx.xxx:4720    ESTABLISHED

gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I have now reinstalled the QDS and i still cant get it to run....