Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Straight Table Fuzzy Search

Hello,

I'm trying to do a fuzzy search of a straight table.  I have a list box with possible values for a given field and I want to return any rows in the table which contain the selected values (the field can have concatenated values).  For example:

List Box for Field X:

Abc

Ad

Bc

Values in Table Field X:

Abc;Ad

Abc

Bc;Ad

Therefore, if the user selects Ad from the List Box, rows 1 and 3 should be returned.  If the user selects Abc & Ad from the List Box, rows 1, 2 and 3 should be returned.

I hope this makes sense.  I can't figure out how to do this and I've found nothing that fits my needs in all of my searching.  Thanks in advance for your help!

20 Replies
Not applicable
Author

How would I call out a field "Handler" in a table "SlicerDicer" as the replacement for the

argument in the above script?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if I understand your request, I would just replace field name Table with field name Handler.

Are you still using two data island tables?

Not applicable
Author

I have attached a slimmed down version of exactly what I am trying to accomplish.  The Table SlicerDicer should return all rows in which the field Handler in the table contains any of the values selected in the HANDLERID ListBox.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Having both tables linked by ID makes the thing more complicated, is this really needed?

If so, you can try like attached (using an alternate state for the HandlerID selection, and using conditional expressions in expression tab instead conditional hides in presentation tab).

Not applicable
Author

This attached example is not working as I need it to.  The example as I gave it is set up exactly how it needs to be.  This is actually a much simplified example from what I really need.  In your attached example, I am still not getting the correct rows returned.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You are correct, I mixed up the fields in the search expression. Check this modified version.

Not applicable
Author

This is a HUGE help!!!  It's almost there - thank you so much!  The only thing is that if multiple values are selected, this is not working correctly.  It's returning rows that don't include any of the values selected.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Yes, you need to create multiple search terms with wildcards for that, maybe like attached.

Not applicable
Author

You are a lifesaver!!!  Thank you SO much for this!

Not applicable
Author

Why is it that when I add in additional fields for display, then all rows are returned instead of only those which match the Handler selected?