Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Straight Table Fuzzy Search

Hello,

I'm trying to do a fuzzy search of a straight table.  I have a list box with possible values for a given field and I want to return any rows in the table which contain the selected values (the field can have concatenated values).  For example:

List Box for Field X:

Abc

Ad

Bc

Values in Table Field X:

Abc;Ad

Abc

Bc;Ad

Therefore, if the user selects Ad from the List Box, rows 1 and 3 should be returned.  If the user selects Abc & Ad from the List Box, rows 1, 2 and 3 should be returned.

I hope this makes sense.  I can't figure out how to do this and I've found nothing that fits my needs in all of my searching.  Thanks in advance for your help!

20 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I suggest that you open a new thread for new questions, this thread is getting somewhat lengthy.

The reason why you see all rows is probably that you are using option 'Suppress zero values' on presentation tab.

But this option suppresses only a row, if all columns / (enabled) expressions return zero or NULL.

If you want to show another expression, you need to zero this expression whenever your 'master' expression (i.e. the HANDLER column) returns no value, e.g. like

=if(len(trim("HANDLERCOL")),'Test')

or

=if(len(trim(column(1))), 'Test B')

or

=if(wildmatch( [HANDLER], $(vSearch)), 'Test C')

Instead of the static strings, use your chart expression to show.