Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Any option so that the selected values can be exported into Excel?

Hi All,

Lat us say my Bar chart is showing Sales data according to salesman, customer, etc

Sales on Y axis

Customer , Salesman in X axis(Customer and Salesman are formed in a Group so that only Customer or Salesman are selected).

Now in Selection boxes i have Country and sate.

According to the values selected in the Country or State the bar chart varies. If i Export to excel ,  i can get only Customer and Sales data

Now i want the state value also to be there in the Excel.

Is it possible ?(Without adding the State dimension into the Bar chart)

If so please let me know various methods

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Avinash,

I'm not sure I quite get what you are trying to achieve here.  If you add State as a dimension you will get a row for each State and the values inside it.  This is typically how you would see what values related to.  If you could have many states for each row then you will need to bring this in as an expression.  The expression would need to read like this:

=concat(DISTINCT State, ',')

This will give a comma separated list of States that each salesman has made sales in.

Hope that gives you what you are after, please give additional information on what you need to see if not.

Regards,

Steve

View solution in original post

8 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Avinash,

You can do this by adding an extra expression to your chart that shows the current selections on the first row.  The syntax for the Expression will be something like:

=if(RowNo() = 1, if(isnull(GetCurrentSelections()), 'No Selections Made', GetCurrentSelections()), null())

You will want to give this expression a sensible name and ensure you untick the Bar, Line and other display types.  This means it will only appear in the table view or Excel export.

Sometimes, by adding an extra expression you get an unwanted legend on the expressions that are already there - so you may need to un-tick the Expressions as Legend tick box for other dimensions.

Note that there are a number of parameters to the GetCurrentSelections function - so you can experiment with these to get the output you want.

If you need more control over your Excel output you will want a tool like NPrinting, but the extra expression gives a quick and easy way of sending out the selections.

Hope that helps.

Steve

http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/

Not applicable
Author

I way is to add current selection to your printout.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

If i do that it is giving the output of all the selections which i made.

It is showing like

Sale  Salesman  Expression

100  Abc

200  XYZ

300  Mnc  year:2013 Country: Amr State: Eac

400  Lkj

but i want my output as

Sale  Salesman  Sate

100  Abc       Eac

200  XYZ       Eac

300  Mnc       Eac

400  Lkj         Eac

Not applicable
Author

so that if two or more states are selected then after exporting to excel user can check the data according to the sates

i mean by filtering the data according to State

Not applicable
Author

Hi Again,

Now i am using the below function .

=if(RowNo() = 1, if(isnull(getfieldselections([Territory combo])), 'No Selections Made', getfieldselections([Territory combo])), null())

it is giving only my state value which i want but i want that value to present in all rows.

It is giving as

Sale  Salesman State

100  Abc

200  XYZ

300  Mnc          Eac

400  Lkj

But i want it as

Sale  Salesman  Sate

100  Abc       Eac

200  XYZ       Eac

300  Mnc       Eac

400  Lkj         Eac

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Avinash,

I'm not sure I quite get what you are trying to achieve here.  If you add State as a dimension you will get a row for each State and the values inside it.  This is typically how you would see what values related to.  If you could have many states for each row then you will need to bring this in as an expression.  The expression would need to read like this:

=concat(DISTINCT State, ',')

This will give a comma separated list of States that each salesman has made sales in.

Hope that gives you what you are after, please give additional information on what you need to see if not.

Regards,

Steve

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Avinash,

If you remove the if(RowNo() = 1, then it will return the States you have selected on every row.  It will not however tell you which states each SalesPerson is active in.  I think you are more likely to want the concat syntax I placed in my other post.

- Steve

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Steve