Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Straight Table Conditional Column Display

I have the attached QVW that I'm working on.  Multiple selections can be made in the HANDLERID ListBox and any rows which *contain* those values should be returned.  The Expressions ListBox allows the user to choose which columns will be displayed in the table.  If the user selects only the Handler column to be displayed, my example is working correctly.  If the user chooses any other column to be displayed along with the Handler column, my example falls apart... all rows are being returned - not just those which match the selections in the HANDLERID ListBox.  I understand that I could put the same logic in the remaining columns as I did for the Handler column within the table itself, however, this example is a very small sample of what I need to accomplish.  In the end there will be around 20 ListBoxes which will need to function like the HANDLERID ListBox and there will be somewhere around 75-100 filters in the Expressions ListBox.  Is there any other way I can account for this functionality that I need?

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The requirement is that if no selection is made, all rows should be shown (as is the standard with QlikView). Otherwise only rows which contain the selected value(s) should be shown. The issue I was having earlier was that if the user wanted to show all possible columns and made a selection for Handler, for some reason all rows were being returned. However if the user wanted to show only the Handler column with selected Handler values, then the rows returned were correct. Hope that makes sense.

Sent from my mobile device

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I guess you want the table to work as in your example when no Handler selections made, but as in my example when there are Handler selections.  If this is true, try my example with a little different calculating expression, see the third table

Because of the alternate sets, I don't have a "clean" condition of "no selection" status.  Using an additional variable.  And, for the same reason, if select all values it works the same as no selections.

The problem is that there is no relaible way to count selections in alternate state - see this idea and vote: http://community.qlik.com/ideas/2340

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the workaround.  I actually worked around it by coding in my LOAD statements for a <NULL> value to be able to be selected n my listbox as I needed this functionality anyways.  This worked to allow all rows to show when no selection was made.