Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scatter charts with icons/multiple shapes

In the style tab there is a preview button that shows the points with different shapes (x, square, circle). I was not able to figure out how certain points with different shapes. I would even prefer to have more "icons" available to show different information on my map background picture.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can see more shapes when you have more values in your dimension. For, e.g if you have customer dimension and there are 5 different values in it, you will be able to see 5 different shapes.

Thanks

Amit

Not applicable
Author

Hi Amit

I am using the google maps example I found in the downloads area (Google maps in QlikView). There is a bedroom_number item and I have added it as a dimension beside the id. All properties are howewer shown with the same symbol (circle).

When using the filled circle look in the style selection and add the bedroom_number also to the expressions I get different bubble sizes but it never shows different shapes.

My intended use is to show static points (stops) and different events from a bus (e.g. offroute) with different shapes.

Thanks

Jürg

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Figured out that I had wrong dimension and expression settings. The category should go as dimension, the x,y values as expression.

I did not see a way to define my own symbols nor to bind a symbol to a category value. It looks like qlik creates a list of the dimension values and assigns symbols in the order they come. Might lead to confusion if the data does not always include all dimensions, so a certain category might not show with the same symbol all the time.

Jürg

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jürg,

Did you succeed in defining different sybol styles to your chart. If so, could you please upload your application.

I'm trying to do the same thing

Thanks,

Sajjad

Not applicable
Author

Hi, is there any news on this subject? Did someone achieve this???