Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue in Using NTNAME in Section Access and reloading the application using Publisher.

Hi All,

I have applied the section Access based on NTNAME in my application. When I am scheduling the application for reload using publisher , the reload of the application is Failed.

But I implement the Section Access based on the USERID and PASSWORD and specify the USERID and PASSWORD while scheduling a task under Reload its working fine .

I want to implement the section access based on NTNAME and reload the application using the Publisher.. Can any one guide me what more I have to consider in the section access to achive this .

Regards,

Chakravarthy.

33 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

That is incorrect and if this was an issue with publisher then we would be seeing it all over. Can you post you section access code so we can look at it.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III

nisksatch, I have the exact same issue. Did you find a solution? br Paul

pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Bill,

I have a similar issue.

When I log on to the server and open a document. Identification works as expected via NTNAME and data reductions works fine. I can also verifiy that im correctly identifed by looking at fieldname NTNAME.

However, when accessing the same document via Accesspoint I have verified that im identified as using the Qlikview service account, consequently no data reducation takes place.

Do you have any idea how to proceed the trouble shooting? Any ideas are welcome,

I attached the section access part,

Thanks in advance, br Paul

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You will need to make sure that your service account has rights to see all data in %CUSTOMERMARKET_ID

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Paul,

The data reduction field must be in both Section Access and Section Application.  In fact, you're using NTANME as the data reduction field, which looks risky to me.

So, try section access like this (I'd also rather avoid the '%' in the data reduction field):

ACCESS:

load Distinct

upper(ACCESS) as ACCESS,

upper(NTNAME) as NTNAME,

upper(CUSTOMERMARKET_ID) as CUSTOMERMARKET_ID           // for data reduction

RESIDENT TEMP;

and section application:

kolla:
Load
ACCESS as ge,
NTNAME as vem,

upper(CUSTOMERMARKET_ID) as CUSTOMERMARKET_ID          // for data reduction
CUSTOMERMARKET_ID as vart
Resident TEMP;

drop table TEMP;

Regards,

Michael

pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Bill, Thanks for replying. I have verified that the service account have access to all the data in %CUSTOMERMARKET_ID br Paul

pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Michael, thank you for putting time into this. Note, that the code works for other documents. But for this specifi document, for some reason, it gets connected to the service account, and the service account only,after beeing distributed via the Publisher. br Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, there must be something different in the apps if one works and another doesn't.  I can't help much more with it, except a recommendation - for testing, try to use "initial selection" instead of the "initial data reduction".  It doesn't fix the problem but may show you something you can't see now (?)

Not applicable
Author

Common issue is that users implement a more complicated SA script before they even verify that a basic SA script works, and then build the SA script from that point.

Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

I got the same issue on version 11.2 sr 2 and sr3. Is anyone have solution? It work fine in desktop but after reload in publisher it use server account instead of NT account when open report in accesspoint...

Thanks