Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Time split

I have me record set which contains a start and end datetime field.  I can capture the number of minutes between these 2 fields.  What i need to do is split the total minutes down over a 24 hour period so that i can see how many of those minutes were between 10-11, 11-12, 12-13 etc... 

After extensively searching the community pages and trying different things i've come to the conclusion that i would perhaps best achieve this by using a LOOP to generate the 24 hour time periods for each row into a new table nad split the number of minutes across each time band.  I'll also need to store the ROW_ID for each record into this table.  i'm pretty sure this will give me what i need but i don't really know where to begin on this one...

Is anyone able to help to get me moving in the right direction

Thanks

Lewis

Note: http://community.qlik.com/message/60017#60017  i've seen this post so i'm looking at using this method to see if i can get what i want

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

For anyone interested this script did what i wanted.

Stationary_time_split:

load

RowID,

hour(time(HourStart, 'hh:mm')) as HourID,

time(HourStart, 'hh:mm') as HourStart,

time(HourEnd, 'hh:mm') as HourEnd,

num#(interval(time(rangemin([Vacated Time], HourEnd), 'hh:mm') - time(rangemax([Arrived Time], HourStart), 'hh:mm') , 'mm') ) as ActiveTime

;

load

floor([Arrived Time], 1/24) + (Iterno() - 1)/24 as HourStart,

floor([Arrived Time], 1/24) + (Iterno())/24  as HourEnd

resident Bay_Sensor_activity

while

floor([Arrived Time], 1/24) + Iterno()/24 <= ceil([Vacated Time], 1/24) + 0.02 //

;

This broke my time based data into hourly segments based on the start and end time.  It calculates the time between each hour period so that i can see the profile of time being taken over the respective hours.

Many thanks to Oleg Troyansky for providing the answer in the previous post that i have adapted!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

For anyone interested this script did what i wanted.

Stationary_time_split:

load

RowID,

hour(time(HourStart, 'hh:mm')) as HourID,

time(HourStart, 'hh:mm') as HourStart,

time(HourEnd, 'hh:mm') as HourEnd,

num#(interval(time(rangemin([Vacated Time], HourEnd), 'hh:mm') - time(rangemax([Arrived Time], HourStart), 'hh:mm') , 'mm') ) as ActiveTime

;

load

floor([Arrived Time], 1/24) + (Iterno() - 1)/24 as HourStart,

floor([Arrived Time], 1/24) + (Iterno())/24  as HourEnd

resident Bay_Sensor_activity

while

floor([Arrived Time], 1/24) + Iterno()/24 <= ceil([Vacated Time], 1/24) + 0.02 //

;

This broke my time based data into hourly segments based on the start and end time.  It calculates the time between each hour period so that i can see the profile of time being taken over the respective hours.

Many thanks to Oleg Troyansky for providing the answer in the previous post that i have adapted!

Not applicable
Author

I actually have kind of the same problem.

I tried your solution and it works great. However, I also need to include the date aswell. I have have a list of shifts that have a start date with time and and end date with time. So I also need to know the day of the interval, not just the hour.

For example, if I have a shift that goes on for 2 days, I'm gonna have 2 slots for the same time stamp, lets say '03:00-04:00', without knowing which day is what.

Does anybody know a solution for this?