Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create an index and hide/unhide sheets

Hello All,

I have an application containing 10 sheets. Instead of showing all 10 sheets at start-up, I want to create and index sheet where user can select what sheets he wants and then start working with those sheets only. What would be the best possible way to achieve this?

As of now I am using a list box with selection style override - windows check boxes properties. As user selects the sheets he wants, I am generating a string using 'GetFieldSelections([TabName])' and then using the show sheet conditional property of sheet to look for the particular characters in the string to display or hide a sheet. It works perfectly when user selects up to 6 options out of 10. When user selects 7 or more option the string becomes 'Excluding remaining options' and it inverts the selection. (Please see the attached qwv.)

Now how can I implement the functionality where user can select any number of sheets and the corresponding sheets will get display accordingly.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

HI

Try like this

in variable

GetFieldSelections([TabName],',',10)

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try using concat(TableName,',') instead of GetFieldSelections.

Edit: it works the same way with all selected as with none selected.  can be fixed by:

=if(GetSelectedCount(TabName), concat(TabName, ','))

MayilVahanan

HI

Try like this

in variable

GetFieldSelections([TabName],',',10)

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, this one is better.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Aniket,

Please see attached example. Does it what you need?

Best,

Gurol

Not applicable
Author

Hey Gurol,

thanks for the reply. Your solution does work but party. If none of the options are selected, it shows all 10 sheets, while I was trying to hide all sheets when none of the option is selected.

Mayil's solutions worked like a charm!

Thanks,

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In order to hide all sheets when none is selected you can employ a different expression

Similar to the one you mentioned.

Best