Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVS 9.0 - DMS, AD, and groups

Hi all,

For a customer I've tried setting up a QlikView Server 9 instance with authentication through DMS today, using Active Directory as the directory service for the Directory Service Connector.

The problem right now is that I can grant access to single users in the 'User Documents' page of the Enterprise Management Console (which suggests the user can be found in AD), but when granting access to a group that this user belongs to the document does not show up in the Access Point (suggesting that the user cannot be resolved to this group). I've tried both the plain group name, and domainname\groupname notation.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

Regards,

Martijn ter Schegget
CND Development

PS: it's past 10pm local time right now, I'll be reading any answers tomorrow morning.

19 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Since my original post and going through SR1 and SR2, I have been told just to use NTFS security. It has worked flawlessly with AD group resolution. (This is QVS 9.0 SR2 and Enterprise Publisher)

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

upgrading to SR2 didn't work. I get no group-resolution using AD.
Maybe someone can tell, if this behavior is "work is designed" or a bug?
Would be nice to know.

lhr
Employee
Employee

@clamprecht: there could be several causes that it doesn't work in you environment.

* are you running in dms or ntfs mode?

* if dms, is the DSC correctly configured and the QVS configured where to find it?

cheers,

lars

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

This should have been fixed in SR2. If issue persists please report to support@qlik.com as it should work now.

/Karl

Not applicable
Author

Karl,

which build # do you mean?

Still exist yet in build 7314

Cheers, olli

lhr
Employee
Employee

yesterday SR2 7320 was released containing a few last minute fixes.

Not applicable
Author

i know ... but is the problem fixed?

cheers, olli

lhr
Employee
Employee

if you mean group resolution in DMS mode no changes have been made since 7314. afaik it should work, although there are some caveats when setting it up.

cheers,

lars

Not applicable
Author

Hi again,

Karl or anyone - please tell me the Bug ID. The problem is not solved in build 7320!

Cheers, olli (obr@qlik.com)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Olli,

searched the bug id in the Release Notes but didn't find it.
But in my case the problem is still to find in the 7320 release.

greets
Christoph