Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator

POWER TOOL (User Manager): # of Allocated Doc CALS

dnatividad May 14, 2012 3:17 AM

Is there a way to view the current Doc CAL ALLOCATION (not usage)?

Stefan Bäckstrand May 14, 2012 3:38 AM (in response to dnatividad)

Yes, if you use the -list=CAL parameter, you will se that there is a column in the output named "Document" - if that field is not blank, it's an assigned Document CAL.

If you have further questions, please post them in the Deployment & Management community forum. Thank you!

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your reply. However this would produce misleading numbers. Example. If ABC.qvw has 15 document CALS and no one has access it yet, it would reflect 0 in the Power Tools (User Manager

7 Replies
andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

Did you ever get to know how to get a list of all assigned cals even if they have never been used?

/Andy

Not applicable

Does anyone have an answer to this?

I need to audit a large number of apps to find the missing Doc CALs, which were assigned, but never used.  QV-User-Manager is handy for docs that have been assigned and accessed, but doesn't show assigned and unused.

Thanks,

DJ

gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator

I could use this functionality as well for the same reason DJ mentions. Any help would be great.

Go raibh maith agat / Thank you,

Grant K. Smith

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Download and install David Fosters License Analyser (see http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4774) to graphically display License Assignment and all sorts of statistics. The Analyser will show you the total number of allocated DOC Cals, and how many are currently in use.

Sheet two contains a breakdown per document. You can add details if needed by simply editing the document.

Best,

Peter

gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator

Thanks, I'll check it out this evening after hours.

andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Thanks a lot for that hint!

This seems to be exactly what I was looking for.

Perfect!

/Andy

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Do not forget to mark this discussion as answered if you found a solution. Just to tidy up the list of open community questions.

Peter