cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem accessing application on server through QlikView Desktop

Hi,

I created an application, deployed on a server, with section access and web ticketing. When connecting as a user, all is working well.

Now I would like to be able to connect through QlikView Desktop on my server

img1.jpg

That's working, I can access my application with DMS authentication, but in section access the user DSK-TDECHIRON has access ADMIN, and when I'm connecting I got the access USER:

img2.jpg

I have no idea where could be the problem, could you help me?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

When you do a "Open in Server"; you're actually using a desktop as a regular QlikView client for visiting the AccessPoint, just like the QlikView plug-in or your Browser. That means you will revert to USER access, like everybody else who visits an AccessPoint.

Peter

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

When you do a "Open in Server"; you're actually using a desktop as a regular QlikView client for visiting the AccessPoint, just like the QlikView plug-in or your Browser. That means you will revert to USER access, like everybody else who visits an AccessPoint.

Peter

jchoucq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

hi,

the ADMIN and USER property in a section access is only useful when opening a qvw file with Qlikview Desktop.

Opening an application with 'Open in Server ..." option, is exactly the same as using a web navigator. Everybody becomes user in this case.

hope this helps.

Regards.

Johann

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter and Johann!