Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using a bookmark in Set Analysis

Hi,

I've been trying to use bookmarks in Set analysis to simplify the formula and because it seems alot more economical, i tried using examples from the Qlikview reference manual:

sum(

{MyBookMark} Sales) - returns sales for the bookmark MyBookMark.

I've tried this method, except i've used 'count' instead of 'sum', it doesnt work at all, just returns the same as 'Count(FieldName)' . Does it not work on count?? or is the example superficial, is there another way of doing it??

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

In my application it works with count too.

Maybe you could try: =count({MyBookMark}Sales)

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

... count together with set analysis and bookmarks definitely works; I am using it in some applications ...

Best regards

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Maybe its the Dimensions i'm using or something, still isn't working, i'll work it out, just seeing if anyone else has the same problem because it is very simple in set analysis and would help out alot if it did work.. Thanks for the input..

Not applicable
Author

Are you using the file local or via QlikView server?

In a recent project I had problems adressing the ID of the bookmark correctly when using bookmarks & set-analysis together ...

Best regards
Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Local... Will that have an effect on anything??

Not applicable
Author

I tried it local and it works (version 9.0).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is a real longshot but if you have QV Developer 8.50 SR3 or earlier (8.50.6231) there was a bug with Set Analysis and bookmarks that were based on searches. If you created a bookmark that was based on a search, for example Age > 35, then the Set Analysis expression would ignore the bookmark selection and give the full count.

In more recent versions it should work just fine as stated by others in this thread.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for the late reply, i'm currently using 8.5.. No i dont use a search in the expression at all i simply put

count({Bookmark}UserID)

and it comes up as if i've put

count(UserID)

I don't know what the problem is, has there been any problems like this before??

Not applicable
Author

I have just tested set analysis with bookmarks on two versions:

and

Works fine!. See attached example.

Maybe post your file here so we can have a look???

Cheers

Karol