Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Partial coloring of bars in a chart?

Hi,

I have a simple bar chart.

Dimension is OrderID, and expression is only(LT). Values for LT(=LeadTime) are like 100, 150,54... days.

Assume the normal color of the bar is blue. I was wondering if it is possible to add a 2nd color.via Background Color

So that the part from 50 - 150 is colored green(). Is this possible? With every condition I tried I was only able to change the color of the whole bar.

I know how to do this with a stacked bars , but this is not what I want.

Thank you in advance..

Peter

PS: Is it possible, in a grouped bar chart, to define the "padding" between the groups without a separate expression?  In std. layout the bars are very close.

13 Replies
peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Bill,

thank you for your reply.

I have to struggle enough with "plain qlikview", so an extension has to be postponed a bit.

I already suspected that in my last question.

MayilVahanan

Hi

Can you explain why you not preferring stacked  bar?

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Ok..I'll try

I try to show the lead time of orders.

In script I calculate from a suborders table the total lead time (LT) (for every order) and some partial values (LTA,LTP...)

So i have fields in my order table like LT=100  LTA=40, LTP=60 this looks in my chart like this picture(using offset):

lead_time.JPG

Ok. I think its clear and quite easy so far. In real life the lead time is further devided in value added and wasted time.

I wanted to use some expression to calculate the wasted time and show it inside the corresponding bar.

On Problem is that I have to calculate the LT with a start and a enddate, because as you can see, not every order has all subsegments available. But every Order definetly has a start and an end. So that I can show at least the full LT even if some segments are missing.

When I use stacked, I see no way to show the full LT and the 3 segments at the same time for every order...I would have to use groups or something.

Perhaps I missed something.. I appreciate, if you or somebody has an idea how to show the wasted time inside thos segments.

Is it possible to use color gradient as background for bar chart? Perhaps there is a way to trick around with it?

prestrepo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have the same need. Was this ever answered?

Cheers