Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVS Service down according to QMC, but still showing as running in server services menu

I am wondering if anyone has encountered this.  Today, according to the QMC,our QVS service became disconnected. 

However, when I called our server admin, he mentioned that the QlikView server service still showed as running.  I had him do a restart of this service and everything went back to normal.

Note that we do have our QlikView server services (QVS, QDS, QWS...etc) set to automatically restart after 5 minutes of down time, but in this case it was never stopped (according to the services directly on the windows server).

Has anyone every experienced this?  Why would this happen?

Thanks,

Andrew

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've seen this a few times.  Reboot helped.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Have you found any solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've seen this a few times.  Reboot helped.

Not applicable
Author

No, I havent found a direct cause of this.  However, as Michael has stated, the reboot takes care of the issue.

portusdonalyn
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Is there any solutions on this? Thank you

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @portusdonalyn,

Typically if the QVS is shown as disconnected in the QMC it means that the QlikView Management Service (QMS) has lost synchronization with the QVS. This thread is over 9 years old and versions from that long ago are no longer supported, so suggest that you start a new thread and provide details about your QV environment version and screen capture of issue. 

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!