Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Fiscal Calendar with shift in months

Hi,

I would like to create a fiscal calendar, generated from min/max values of a field. I found several ways/solutions and it works fine.

To make this complete I have to integrate a shift in my fiscal periods.

To say it in pseudo script:

(Assuming every day is a workday)

Start fp = Monthstart - 2 Days ... or in other words: The last 2 days of the previous month belong to the actual fiscal period.

And because, this would be too easy there are some constraints or side-conditions:

Saturday,Sunday and Holidays increase the days to be shifted. At the moment I flag the row with 2 fields "Isweekend" and "Isholiday".

Example:

March 2013 (01.03.2013 - 31.01.2013)

FP12 starts at 28.02.2013

FP12 ends at 26.03.2013

FP01 starts at 27.03.2013

29.03. Holiday

30.03. Saturday

31.03. Sunday & Holiday

01.04. Holiday (should not matter)

So I have to check if it is weekend or holiday or both and define the shift accordingly...

My brain is melting away, if someone has a solution or a hint I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,

Peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

There are very few data modeling problems that you cannot solve with QlikView...

I am sure that there is a simpler solution, but here is one solution anyway.

HIC

View solution in original post

5 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Have a look at this design blog post and Fiscal Year

peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

hmm that defines a new start etc. but my main problem is that there could be possibly every month a different start date, depending on holidays and weekends?

Or am I missing something in this post?

peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi, nobody an idea how to solve this? Impossible?

The main problem is, to determine when the fiscal month starts ends, depending on weekends and holidays...

If somebody has an example or could just point me in the right direction to solve this would be great. Its not urgent, but I would like to delete a point from my (very long) todo list.

Thank you in advance and best regards,

Peter

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

There are very few data modeling problems that you cannot solve with QlikView...

I am sure that there is a simpler solution, but here is one solution anyway.

HIC

peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Henric,

Thank you very much its quite impressive. To have a way in the head and to transform it into a load script are 2 different things.

I think this will work quite well for me.

Thank you very much.