Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

copying selections from one list box to another list box with different alternate states

Hi, I have a situation where I have 2 tabs with a similar list box. And these list boxes have different alternate states assigned. However when selections are made on one list box in one tab I want the list box in another tab to reflect those selections. Since these 2 are in different alternate states i am struggling to achieve that. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Ram

4 Replies
bdunphy
Contributor III
Contributor III

Stephen Redmond wrote a great blog post about switching alternate states with buttons recently....

This should give you what you need.... I think

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-5092

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ramkumar;

Synchronizing Selections between States

Example:

The following expressions can be used in a single chart:

count({$} DISTINCT [Invoice Number])

count({State1} DISTINCT [Invoice Number])

count({State2} DISTINCT [Invoice Number])

There is a problem with this method; the QlikView Developer must duplicate the selections (list boxes and

multi boxes) for all three states so that the end-user can make appropriate selections for the various states. In

many situations the QlikView Developer will want to have a set of ‘common’ selections available to all

states. This will allow the end user to set the context for the various charts and then make use of specific

selections to show the differences between states. Set Analysis can be used with states to keep certain selections

consistent between states.

Example:

count({State1<Year = $::Year, Month = $::Month>} DISTINCT [Invoice Number])

count({State2<Year = $::Year, Month = $::Month>} DISTINCT [Invoice Number])

The QliKView Developer will keep the Year and Month selections in State1 and State2 synchronized

with the Year and Month selections in the default state. The QlikView Developer can add

elements to the set modifiers as necessary in order to keep even more fields consistent between states.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See this video tutorial: Transfering the Intersection of Selections Using Alternate States

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
ChristofSchwarz
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

If I understand you right, you don't want to copy the entire alternate state into another, but just one listbox out of such? I have documented this here, scroll down, there is a section to show, by which two actions you can syncronize a field with the values of another (also across states) ... Copy Selections from one field to another

bye