cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcollinsncsc
Contributor
Contributor

Passing selection in URL fails intermittently

Using the Ajax client I link to a QVW and pass in a selection to a list box.  This value of the list box is used to dynamically generate a sheet id.  Sheets are conditional hidden or unhidden based on this id.

When making a lot of selections every 40th time or so the page reloads I wind up on my first sheet with no selection having been made in the list box.

I'm running QlikView Server 11.0.11282.0 on Windows 2008 R2 x64 and using IIS 7.5 as the web server.

The call to the document happens via a URL in an iframe.   The URL looks like this:

http://<host goes here>/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=Public%20App/somedoc.qvw&host=QVS@myserver&anonymous=true&select=LB03,2

I've been told the failure rate does go up on slower internet connections.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Reply
ChristofSchwarz
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

you might consider using two more querystring parameters:

• sheet=SHxx
  • bookmark=Document\BMxx

Create a Bookmark with no selection, and use it as the first agrument in your URL. This will "reset" (clear) the selections before setting a new selection with your "select=LBxx" argument. Should fix the explained problem. Using sheet allows you to directly open a specific sheet and you might not require the condional showing of sheets based on the listbox values. ?

Querystring parameters are well explained here:

QlikView Mashups - Simple Document Integration