Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Direct Discovery : Can't see data

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to evaluate BigData connection.

I'm using  QV 11.20.12018.0 SR3 (64bits)

So my script is very simple.  (Note Data are qualified except %E)

////////////////////

ODBC CONNECT32 TO phpmyadmin;

BigData:

LOAD      nom,    matricule      as %E,     matricule,    `date_in`,    `date_out`;

DIRECT SELECT * FROM test.employes;

Emp:

LOAD      EmpID            as %E,      EmpID,      Prénom,      Nom,      Fonction

FROM [$(Chemin)\$(FichEmp)]  (biff, embedded labels, table is [Sheet1$]);

////////////////////

According to exemples and video it was so simple as that.

But after loading I can't see  data coming from table BigData.

Best regards

Chris

2 Replies
jlongoria
Creator
Creator

A few things from what I've read and know.

1. I would recommend using the SR5 beta version of QlikView as I understand it has many changes/improvements. You will have to explicitly define fields as either DIMENSION, MEASURE, or DETAIL. You can find info on how to get the beta software and docuemntation here:

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/technicalbulletin/2013/10/07/qlikview-1120-beta-with-enhanced-direct...

2. Based on the SR5 docuemtnation, you should not name the direct discovery data sets/statement (remove "BigData:" from your load script).

3. Don't use Select * in the Direct Discover statment...reading the SR5 documentation, it doesn't appear select * is supported.

4. Make sure the values in the data in the fields which you are using to associate your direct discovery data with your in-memory data actually match (i.e. case matches, etc)

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately I can't access documents based on this link. Would you mind to join it please?

I changed my script along your recommandations and

DIRECT SELECT field1, field2.... (NOT) works.

It works because the script can run without error and i can see lines are fetched

BUT actually there are NO lines fetched. Table is empty

From LogFile : 5 champs trouvés: nom, prénom, matricule, date_in, date_out, 0 lignes récupérées

Note it works the same with or without label table name.

best regards

Chris