Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Extracting columns to another table

Hello,

I have a big table with ~100 columns. For a better view and navigation I want to break it down to sets of columns. So I used a container with x tables and each of them shows different columns (2-3 are always the same for a reference).

My question is how can I extract some non-defined columns to another table inside QV and then add more columns from other tables like concatenate them? For instance take 5 from one table, 4 from another and 6 from a third and form a 15-column table, for instance to extract of view specific data together. But the thing I want them to be user-defined and not standardized.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

May like described in 'What's New QlikView11' app. See attached sample, 'Report' tab, there users can select the dimensions they want in the table.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

May like described in 'What's New QlikView11' app. See attached sample, 'Report' tab, there users can select the dimensions they want in the table.

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately I can't view files because I have a personal edition. Can you tell me how you do the dimensions pick?

And is there a way to break the link between two tables? I could do what I want by putting the whole table and picking dimensions but I don't want to do it with qualify for so many columns, otherwise I will get joins etc.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

In QV11 there is conditional enablement of dimensions. Using that, you can dinamically select dimensions in the chart.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I will try that but I couldn't find the tags tab!

Re: How to show hidden dimensions like on what's new in QV 11?

Is there a way to group columns of a table? And have a list to pick each group? One way is to break it down to more tables and use the container but it doesn't seem right and efficient.