Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

use fiueld = cust_id as link between sales table and debt table

Hi All

I have sales table and debt table , in order for me to figure out individual customer sales amount vs debt amount , i am sure i need to make use of field = cust_id from both table to create a link key.

if the answer is correct. then i like to ask again :-

since my sales table consist of 4 country sales. so in order to create a link key , i need to make use of :-

filed = cust_id and field = SOURCE combine to get the link key.

Paul 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Paul,

I saw your questions in Qlikcommunity. I think knowledge about Linktable will be helpfull for you. If two or more common fields exist between 2 fact tables you are recomomed to creat linktable. Because if you don't do this circle or synfield will appear like this :

1.PNG

after create a linktable, you can avoid syntable:

2.PNG

The attachment i tried to create a linktable. You can search Qlikcommunity to find some detail introduce to linktable.

Regards,

zhou

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Paul,

Can you attach some sample of both tables with all the columns?

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan

Thank you for your sharing.

Enclosed my QV sample file.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Paul,

I saw your questions in Qlikcommunity. I think knowledge about Linktable will be helpfull for you. If two or more common fields exist between 2 fact tables you are recomomed to creat linktable. Because if you don't do this circle or synfield will appear like this :

1.PNG

after create a linktable, you can avoid syntable:

2.PNG

The attachment i tried to create a linktable. You can search Qlikcommunity to find some detail introduce to linktable.

Regards,

zhou

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Paul,

I think you are joining the tables with the wrong key because of this the tables are not joining properly, no single value is matching in both the tables.  In Sales table your key values are 1-254 and Debit values are from 255-322.  Check this with your team regarding the Key column between the two tables.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Zhou

You are another one like chowdary who is very good link table. this is the skill which is very impt to make table look neat. by the way my skill still need about 2 year to be able to like you to create the table i wish and link them as i like.

Paul

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan

I am using the cust_id field to link sales and debt table :-

(1) from Payment Table.

AutoNumberHash128(@1:9T,'TDSS') As LINK_KEY_DEBT,

@1:9T as [CUST_ID_PAY],

(2) from sales Table.

autoNumberHash128(@1:10T,'TDSID') As LINK_KEY_DEBT,
@1:10T as [cust_id],

This is what i need , so that i can know particular customer , how much their contribution and their outstanding debt.

Paul