Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anthony_kinsell
Creator
Creator

Pivot Table Display Problem

Hi,

I'm relatively new to Qlikview & am having sporadic issues using a pivot table. When I try collapse some rows the icon changes from - to + but the data remains visable.

What causes this to happen & how can it be corrected?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anthony_kinsell
Creator
Creator
Author

Figured out the answer.

When I right click on the pivot table & select 'Fit Columns to Data' I then get the option to collapse all which was previously greyed out.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Anthony,

I'd first look at the table as a straight table and check what the expanded value should show (just to check it isn't null) - though even then it should show '-'.

Also, does it just happen to one row, or when it happens it affects all of the secondary column?

Kind Regards,

Dave

anthony_kinsell
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Dave,

Ok – how can I get you this info?

Anthony

Not applicable

If you select your pivot table and right click, then open the properties.

On the general tab, just select the straight table option (see image) (this won't affect your underlying table at all - you can just repeat this process back to make it a pivot table).

straight table.jpg

anthony_kinsell
Creator
Creator
Author

Sorry – misunderstanding there.

I know how to change the table to a straight, my question was how can I let you see this?

Not applicable

Sorry, my bad, just check the data yourself and let me know (is simpliest) if the data is sensitive.

Otherwise you could export to excel or csv and attach or take a screenshot.

MayilVahanan

Hi

Please copy and paste that chart, and check still tat issues occurs in pivot table?

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
anthony_kinsell
Creator
Creator
Author

It’s not overly sensitive.

I have changed the name of the property – the only sensitive part – see attached.

Anthony Kinsella

Financial Accountant

[cid:image002.png@01CED18C.035CC0C0]

Second Floor, Garryard House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2

Tel + 353 (1) 4161300

Direct: + 353 (1) 4161306

www.mcgarrellreilly.ie

DISCLAIMER. This email, and any files transmitted with it, is strictly confidential and intended solely for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. If it comes to the attention of any other unauthorised person, no action may be taken on it nor should it be copied or shown to any third party. While this email has been swept for the presence of computer viruses, it is your responsibility to scan this email and any attachments for viruses. If you have received this email in error please return it to the sender and delete the email from your system.

P Before printing, think about the environment

MayilVahanan

Hi

While exporting to excel, it takes all values and dimension in chart.

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
anthony_kinsell
Creator
Creator
Author

Also when I right-click on the pivot table I don’t get the expand all / collapse all options – don’t know if that will give an indication of what the issue is?