Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Where do I find the download for the Qlikview PDF printer?

Thx.

Brooks

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

It doesn't look like a printer driver is built into QV 11.2.  On my File menu, "Print as PDF" is grayed out.

We have the CutePDF Writer and have tried using it in scripts.  There are samples in the forum using it.  They use a call to write the output PDF to a CutePDF registry entry.  CutePDF is supposed to read it and use it to write to.  It doesn't work.  It could be because you need CutePDF Pro which we don't have.  It could be a lot of bureaucracy on this end to get it.

If you know why my Print as PDF menu item is disabled or how to specify the output PDF file in QV code without using Cute or Bull, I'd appreciate knowing.

Thanks,

Brooks

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've have to try it at home.  The company doesn't allow access to Youtube.

Not applicable
Author

The standard way of printing QlikView charts and is to create a report. Go to the Reports menu and create a new report by dragging objects from your QlikView sheet to the report builder. The report can then be printed as a PDF.

QlikView is bundled with a PDF writer that allows reports to be printed as PDFs.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, that's right but we trying to create PDF reports in QV/VB code and specify the PDF file name without having a Save As dialog appear.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Brooks,

I will contact you through email

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
vikasmahajan

PFA

vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.