Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV take 4 min to open , it is cause by too many TAB or Screen ?

Hi All

I have a QV doc , which take about 4 min to open this doc.

This doc is reading many QVD table. and it have many QV screen.

From my experience. i aware that if i have too many TAB ( Screen ) QV will need to load all the data on the chart or table before it open the QV doc to allow user to use the program.

So if i remove the number of  TAB from 100 to 50 , it will speed up the loading.

So i think this is the disadvantage of QV ver 9 , it cannot take in too many screen ?

can some one help me to confirm on this.

Paul

34 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

We're all friends here Paul - post your data model and maybe your load script and if we can help, we will.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason

Since you asking me to show , i have no choice. many ppl here advise me to solve my data model issue. and now some one chewdary is helping me on it , and i am working hard on it now. thank you for offer me help.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

OK - wow!

You definitely need to work on your data model, Paul. Start by drawing out what you think it should be. Don't use QlikView - scribble it down, scan it in and post it here. Or use Visio or something.  What are you trying to achieve with this application?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

There´s another point besides data model optimization.

:You app is marked for high compression (Document Settings). Mark it as none, it you speed slightly your opening

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason

Yes i am working on it now , and i think i will make it work one day. ( of cos with the help from chewdary ) as i know he will very short time because his skill on link table is very good. Now i am trying to kick start and it is not so easy , becos i still not yet get the final table which is a bit complicated GL table link up.

Paul

Not applicable
Author

Hi Clever

Just try to set as your advise , i see no change. Thank you for your advise.

Paul

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

You could start optimizing your datamodel by

1) Concatenating or joining all tables Currency*

2) Concatenating or joining all tables of Rates (SOURCE/Currency/Rate*)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Clever

I advise does help on make the data model look neat. Because it will join into 1 table. As for speed it will not improve. 

By the way data model will not affect the speed too much. The number of screen does affect a lot. 

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Are you sure, it won´t improve speed? Less tables, less keys, less key traversing.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Clever

what i try is i try to open my org QV doc , and i time it , it take 4 min , then i change the setting to none , and save the file again , and re-open again it take 4 min. so i confirm it does not work , unless i miss out some thing.