Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sat Analysis Depth

Hello,

How deep can sets be nested. I have an expression in a chart. I have the year, the months and the type.

=sum({year={$(=[vYearTwo]},Month={"*"},type=P(worktype)>}Amount)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

sum({1<year = {"$(=[vYearTwo])"}, month={"*"},worktype=P(worktype),businessunit={"something"}>} amount)

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

How many levels or how many modifiers?

You can have how many modifiers you want.

About level´s, the documentation is not specific, but I think you shouldn´t go beyond a 2nd level

Not applicable
Author

I need the year to be stagnant. I need all months out of the year. I need the worktype to change with selection and I would like to add a business unit that changes with selection also.

for example: show me everything from 2012 where the work type is project and the business unit is manufacturing.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Fields that must follow to the selecion does not need to be into your Set Analyis. Try this (with project and the business as listboxes)

=sum({year={$(=[vYearTwo]},Month=>}Amount)

Not applicable
Author

I am unable to do that. I have year selection, month selection., business unit selection and worktype selection. This is actullay on expression in a chart. The columns that I am concerned with count(this is the line numbers in the chart), yeartwo(in this case 2011), yearone(2012),currnetYTD,Aggraget Total, and percent. 2011 and 2012 need to be the whole year for the worktype and the business unit. The user is able to select year, month, worktype and business unit.

How can I add the business unit to my current set analysis?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

you can add how many modifiers you want, separated by ","

sum({<field1={},field2{},field3={},....>} value)

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the swift replies. Is theree any way to include a variable in a set analysis? I have a treeview of the business units and a variable which holds the current selection.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Yes, you can

sum({<field1={"$(=yourvariable)"}>}value)

Not applicable
Author

This is the current expression that I have:

=sum({1} amount)

I think that I need to add the field treeview instead of the variable since the variable holds the name. I am not entirely sure about this.

How would I insert the treeview field into this expression since the variable did not work?

Thanks,

Frank

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Into =sum({1} amount)  {1} instructs QlikView to sum all amount disregarding any selections. Is that what you want?