Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reconnection to server - Lost Connection

Hello,

When have been inactive at some time in a document on accesspoint and i return to the document it reconnects. But i fails and i get an error that i dont have access to the document.

I think i loses connection cause my document is reloading every hour.

Cant i do so it wont lose connection even though if it is reloaded?

Hope you understand what i mean

19 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Are there really no-one with experience in lost connection in a document.

I think it happens every 30 minuts or so.

Not applicable
Author

These are my settings:

Capture.PNG.png

Capture1.PNG.png

Not applicable
Author

Does anyone have a solution to this problem`?

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Have you tried QT Support?

Not applicable
Author

No answer 😕

Ived tried all now - Maxed up the session timeouts in QMC, changes the session timeout on the IIS - Cant see what else it could be?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If you are running AJAX and IIS there are several timeouts that might be getting you .

1. In the QVW under document property\server how do you have it set there? Most of these setting will cause the client to be disconnected unless you have the QVS setup to allow more than one copy in memory. The best setting here is " Server performs refresh automatically without client action" This would be caused by a document reload while the document was open

2.  Maxium Inactive session time  This will disconnect the user if there is no activity

3. Possible session Timeout  QVS will diconnect a user if the Session CAL is needed for someone else.

4. Maximum Total Session Time   Max time a user can be in a document.

5. IIS Idle Time-out

So, there are a lot of settings that will cause an user to ge disconnected.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

IIS Idle Timeout is an interesting one. Will have to look into that.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

You got some good pointers.

1. In my QVW document it is set to "Server performans refresh automatically without client action"

2. My maximum inactive is set to like 30.000 in both server properties under document and in the QMC.

3. The document is licenced to two document calc (they have their own login at accesspoint) - so nobody else should see it.

4. Maximum total session time is also 30.000.

5. IIS idle time is set to 120 minutes.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Then I would look for firewalls or routers that have an inactivity time setting in them.  However, 500 hours as a setting maybe is a value that is being ignored by the QMC.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

we also have this happening randomly. There will be days when there the system is slow and there are probably only 8 concurrent users.