Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wendywallace
Partner - Contributor III

64 Bit ODBC driver for Oracle

Can anyone tell me if the 64 Bit ODBC driver for Oracle is certified compatible for QlikView on a VM?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wendy

Pretty sure QlikView supports ODBC in general, as it a recommended method of access to obscure data sources.

If want to double check official support then I suggest you ask QlikTech themselves.

Best Regards,     Bill

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wendy

Why not simply use one of the Oracle Clients that Oracle provides.?

Assuming you have an Oracle database then somebody must administer, ask that person and I am sure they will point you in the right direction.

I personally don't like ODBC [and I doubt your DBA will either] and would suggestion OLE DB.

Best Regards,     Bill

offjunior
Creator
Creator

Good evening friend!

Yes, it is compatible because I use it, it works normally both 64Bit as 32Bit. There's no secret, just install an Oracle client, create an ODBC pointing to your TNS Names and ready. Remember that if you use a 32Bit Oracle Client, you must create an ODBC 32Bit, in case Windows Server must be created with the executable "C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64 \ odbcad32.exe" which is responsible for creating the executable's ODBC 32Bit

Hug!

wendywallace
Author

Bill -

Agree that OLE DB is preferred.  The customer has asked this question regarding the 64Bit ODBC connection and I could not find any articles in the knowledgebase area that state whether or not it is supported by QlikView.

Thank you,

Wendy

wendywallace
Author

Thank you Junior,

Appreciate the validation that it is compatible.  I should rephrase my question to ask is it "supported" by QlikView.

Wendy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wendy

Pretty sure QlikView supports ODBC in general, as it a recommended method of access to obscure data sources.

If want to double check official support then I suggest you ask QlikTech themselves.

Best Regards,     Bill

offjunior
Creator
Creator

Good Morning!

Yes, it is supported!

Not applicable

Normelio

i want to connect server which 64-bit with oracle database version 10.2.0.1 which 32-bit, then i search oracle client for 64-bit and i only found version 10.2.0.5 is the most closest to oracle database 10.2.0.1 version. can oracle client 10.2.0.5  support for connection to oracle database 10.2.0.1 ?

thanks