Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dimension Limit Top 5 and Other help?

I have a chart I am trying to apply dimension limits to a particular Dimension. I want to get the Top 5 used promos and other promos lumped into the Other category(this actually give me the top4 with other counting as the 5th, which is fine). We have been running a particular promo that is going to always be the most used promo, because it is simply the best deal we have.  This would be the promo code HM, there is also a promo code LB that is actually the same as the HM code.  A few of our stores use either/or to apply this deal.  Anyway, knowing the HM should be the top promo, I can't figure out how to properly set up Dimension limits to give me the data the way I would expect it to display with the Dimension limit set.

I have the data attached.  The left chart shows how the data should appear before applying the dimension limit.  The right chart is the same except for the Dimension limit has been set.

Thank you in advance,

Rodrick

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

OK, from your example, it appears that you need to have Total Mode set in order for the Dimension Limits to actually take the largest and order it correctly.  Another issue I see though is that when I have other selected it doesn't put sum up all other Promo codes as the Total.  In the example below the 'Others'  should be 22% correct?

Alan, yes I have played with the different options on the Dimension Limits tab.  I also need to show a grand total of 100%. So all other promos should sum up in the Other field.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

What you want is the top 5 of the promos for each store?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Correct, it should display the top 5 in each store.

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

See below

2013-10-30_2122.png

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

you could also try a Calculated dimension with Aggr and Rank

try this

2013-10-30_2130.png

Not applicable
Author

Look and achieve some changes I hope you serve.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

OK, from your example, it appears that you need to have Total Mode set in order for the Dimension Limits to actually take the largest and order it correctly.  Another issue I see though is that when I have other selected it doesn't put sum up all other Promo codes as the Total.  In the example below the 'Others'  should be 22% correct?

Alan, yes I have played with the different options on the Dimension Limits tab.  I also need to show a grand total of 100%. So all other promos should sum up in the Other field.

Not applicable
Author

Do not quite understand what you want to do

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The grand total per store should be 100%.  In the data and in the example image shown above, HM= 76, GI=1,4J=1 Q0=0 and Other =1. That is 89% of all Promos used at that store.  How would I be able to accumulate 100% of the Promos.

Not applicable
Author

according to me this sum never give 100% because only represent values the promos sales can not give 100% because they are different promos and not sold all the promos, do you?