Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ipauldur
Creator
Creator

Cannot access accesspoint through iphone app

Hi All,

I am able to access the accesspoint through safari in iphone. But i could not access the accesspoint through iphone app.

It is showing "Unable to authenticate" when i try through iphone app. I am using QlikView server11.

Is there any specific setting has to be done for iphone app?.

Thanks,

Durai.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Lyyadurai,

I expect your issue relates to your IPad or IPhone is not a known device (from a networking perspective), therefore your device is seen as anonymous and authentication fails. I'm also assuming that you can successful connect remotely,  to your QlikView deployment? How do you connect to your QlikView deployment remotely via VPN ?

I'm assuming that your device fails when connecting externally but works when you connect to the corporate network, is this correct ?

Thanks Steve

ipauldur
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

I will access the QlikView deployment via remotely. My iphone connected in the office WIFI. I am able to access all QlikView apps via safari in my iphone. But the same cannot do via iphone app. I just want to know, is there any settings i have to do in server for allowing iphone app to access QlikView app. My QlikView server version is QV11.20 SR1.

Thanks,

Durai.

Not applicable

As I suspected.

This is the reason is doesn't work:

Your iPhone is not part of your domain as say a laptop would be. iPads and iPhones are anonymous devices.  Your iPhone is not part of the network when you are out of the office therefore, when you try and access Qlikview remotely using your iPhone.  iPhone authentication fails when you are remote, making you an anonymous user, your QlikView  configuration does not allow anonymous users, so you cannot see AccessPoint.

You need to be able to enter your network credentials from your iphone, by either prompting the user for the details or using another technology to join the corporate network before accessing QlikView, most customers  use a VPN to provide secure access to the network remotely. Do you use a VPN to remotely access your network?

If you don't have a VPN,  a different approach needs to be used  to connect you to the corporate network before, granting you access to AccessPoint,  some choices common approaches used are ( http headers,  web ticketing or digital certificates).

Thanks Steve