Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Migration from Qlikview 8 to 9 : Licensing Issues

Could you please help us to understand the Qlikview 9 licensing structure after migration from V8 to V9 for the following 2 scenarios:

Scenario 1:

Our Customer is using Qlikview 8.20. They have a Qlikview Enterprise Edition Server with 1 Named User CAL, 1 QlikView Developer, 1 QlikView Professional and 1 Qlikview Analyser +.

Currently, they are not using the Qlikview Server for sharing and accessing Qlikview doc thru intranet as it has only one CAL.

There is only one Qlikview developer who actually creates the Qlikview document. And around 5 people would like to access the document for analysis.

They are planning to upgrade to Qlikview 9. Could you please provide us information on how the new license structure would be after the upgrade if they would like to use the Qlikview server for sharing and accessing document.

Scenario 2:

Customer has Qlikview 9 and would like to share his Qlikview doc with 5 other people for only analysis without using Qlikview Server. How can we meet his requirement.

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Martyr,

1) When you are online within your network you can lease a license from the QlikView Server to activate your QV9 PE. If there are enough licenses of course. 😉

2) Yes there are also session CAL's, but for prices you better can contact your supplier or QV partner. They can give you the exact costs and license types.

Good luck!

Greetz
Robbie

Not applicable
Author

Robbies,

Excelent detail info about Qlikview docs, I am really new to this magic app, so I am development some demos for customers that still admired of the easy use of this tool. I have been in contact trying to get some info about cost of licenses for personal edition, or other version, neather i have receive response for cost and my costumer is waiting for a quote.

i will apreciate your helps o some body in this forum

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Did you already have contacted your supplier or QlikView Partner?
They can give you a pricelist with the exact license prizes for any kind of client / server.
If you're a QlikTech partner, you can also download a pricelist @: http://partners.qlik.com/sales.aspx?id=12212

Greetz
Robbie