Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markhayjoergens
Contributor III
Contributor III

simple license usage statistics

Hi,

I'm looking to be presentet to an overview of how our license usage scenario is after buying more licenses.

Is there any way to see peak periods over a month, and how many Session/Named user CALs where used at the same time in each day?

I've watched in both the System Monitor and Governance applications, but can't seem to find quite the right info.

As mentioned, I need to know where we stand in the peak periods of each day, to see if our licensing scheme is as needed.

Any ideas?

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

markhayjoergens
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I just don't seem to be able to find the numbers where I'm told how many licenses where in use at the same time on each day and how many unique users where accessing the QV server.

Could someone give me some pointers? - that would be greatly appreciatet.

Not applicable

mr_barriesmith
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi

The above references are decent but your question is not a simple one.  QV Server generates 3 logs and the details inside the logs can vary based on your server settings.  You might need to ensure they are set medium level.

If you look at the Performance log it will tell you the actual number of concurrent users - this is written every 5 minutes or based on your server settings.  The session log will tell you sessions that have started and completed.

If you intervalmatch the start and end of a session over the performance log you can start to see the type of analysis you are looking for.  I would also check the Event log as it will give some license messages.

Good luck with your investigation, Adam

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Look for "Max Total Cals per Hour"