Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to check dimension is expand /collapse

i need to vary a variable on the 'Expanded / Collapsed Status' of the (first, second and third) Dimensions in my Pivot-Table.

prop.TableProperties.PivotAlwaysFullyExpanded is no help because i need to verify the separate status of any Dimension .

Is there any Method / any way to determine if an specific Dimension is expanded or collapsed?

Any idea?

Sorry for the bad English. I'm out of practice .

Greetings from Berlin

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Nobody?

Maybe some Macrofunction? I didn't find anything in the API-"doc".

Pls help Tongue Tied

Greetings

Not applicable
Author

i still need help!

Not applicable
Author

I don't think there is anything in the API that will help you. There isn't a property (or event) for expanded/collapsed.

If you're looking to do something within the chart, you could use the Dimensionality() function. If you add Dimensionality() as an expression in your chart, it should equal one when your dimensions are all collapsed. When you open the first one, it should go to 2 and so on. This would allow you to vary the expression depending on the expanded/collapsed state of that record.

I don't think there is way to access this information outside of the chart. Maybe if you could describe what you're trying to do in more detail, somebody could come up with something.

Not applicable
Author

i think i found a solution:

set chart = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH468")
set Prop = chart.GetProperties

iexpr=Prop.expressions.count
msgbox(chart.getcolumncount-iexpr)

thank you

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Thanks  astendo,

this is the solution i was looking for and it is working perfectly for me.