Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diogopereira89
Contributor II
Contributor II

Google Maps Cluster extension - Large Data

Hi community.

I need represent on a map the location of all customers. The problem is that we are talking about a large number of customers ( +100.000) and the extension takes a lot of time to generate the map.

It's possible increase the performance? For example aggregating by country?

4 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey Diogo,

I guess it depends on what you want to achieve.
To me it sounds like a heatmap would fit your requirements a lot better unless the actual location of each customer is what's most important.

The cluster extension can't really aggregate data as that usually is a server side operation. The cluster mechanics is mostly used to help you visualize a large amount of locations by "clustering' them together however every marker is still in the data set.

diogopereira89
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Alexendar..

Thanks for reply.

Yes, HeatMap is one possible solution for me, but i wanted increase interactivity using selectable maps..

But ok, i understand the constraints.

Not applicable

Diogo,

How about a restriction to force the user to select specific region, city or some other appropriate filter before data appears on the map? This helped me to handle a massive amount of data points that had to be plotted on map.

Cheers

diogopereira89
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Daniel,

Its tricky, because i have a large amount of costumers in one country and i can't exclude it.

The HeatMap approtech for now its good.

Thanks all