Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

User defined reports

Hi,

I would like to know if there is the possibility to allow users to form and save their own reports. I am currently building an application and I don't have any experience with users, rights and options in QV. I have built a feature of pick dimensions where you can pick your own columns. But I would like to give the user the option to save his selection. For instance if he wants to extract a table for a template, not going through the same process of selecting the columns, but have his own special selections saved. Can I do that? I know I can have standardized reports in bookmarks but I would to make it more flexible.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can enable the options Allow Server Objects so users can create their own bookmarks.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can enable the options Allow Server Objects so users can create their own bookmarks.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, is there a way to experiment with the published tool? I mean launch an application and view it as a user (not the Webview), manage the users etc to test it or do I need a server for that?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you can't or don't want to use webview then yes, you need QV Server.

Not applicable
Author

And a last question. The bookmarks can be unique for each user through user management or are they shared by everyone?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

A user can choose to share the bookmark with everyone when creating the bookmark. It's possible the option Allow Server Bookmarks needs to be enabled too.