Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expression in Multibox?

Hello All,

I am trying to use an expression in place of a dimension in a multibox, but for some reason qlikview won't let me do it. The newly created multibox with the expression appears inactive and no data is displayed. The expression worked for different charts.

Thank you,

Anna

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

In a list box field expression, you can only use an aggregation function in combination with advanced aggregation,

=aggr( sum({<Metrics={[Percentage NOT NULL]}>}[Data Targets])  , DIMENSIONFIELD1, DIMENSIONFIELD2, ...)

because you need to create an output that is 1-dimensional, not only a scalar.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

May be silly but check Expression in List box first, it should return values then it should work in Multibox also.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

What expression are you using?

Not applicable
Author

sum({<Metrics={[Percentage NOT NULL]}>}[Data Targets])

Not applicable
Author

It works in the list box, but multibox is still stubborn

swuehl
MVP
MVP

In a list box field expression, you can only use an aggregation function in combination with advanced aggregation,

=aggr( sum({<Metrics={[Percentage NOT NULL]}>}[Data Targets])  , DIMENSIONFIELD1, DIMENSIONFIELD2, ...)

because you need to create an output that is 1-dimensional, not only a scalar.

Not applicable
Author

did you mean in a multibox? Because listbox is not a problem

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Well you said 'I am trying to use an expression in place of a dimension' so I have assumed you are using a field expression (e.g. in a list box) on general tab, not an expression on expression tab.

Not applicable
Author

I meant in the multibox, but the aggr expression provided works! Thank you!

Mina
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Dear Swuehl,

I use this solution in Multi Box and it's worked. Now I want it filters just most expressions and other expression ignore this selection. but i don't know how write this condition in my expressions. 

I write this Expression in Multi box .(Calculate Consumer Price )

=aggr(sum({<DemandStatus=>}Total_Price_Consumer)/sum({<DemandStatus=>}Qty_Inventory),
DELIVERYPLANT,Part_Code,Batch_Number)

now i want when one price selected , Onhand inventory Expression change and Atp inventory Expression dose not change.

Do you know any  ways that helps me?

Thank you

Mina