Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Plugin installed, but does not show up in IE

We're experiencing a General Problem with the QV ActiveX Plugin.

Although installed in the same way on all our machines, some browsers refuse to handle qvw documents. I checked the extensions list of one of these machines, and QV doesn't show up.

Is there something we might have done wrong? It works for most machines, so it can hardly be a misconfiguration, can it?

Thanks a lot in advance / Best wishes

Sebi

Labels (1)
34 Replies
Not applicable
Author

All,

IE8 is now officially supported by QlikTech. Any issues with IE8 and your QlikView installation should be logged with QlikTech support.

Not applicable
Author

Sounds great. Are there any limitations on the Operating System? I just tried downloading the latest releases of both 8.5 and 9 and still have the same problem as before on my 2008 and Vista machines and would like to know that they are supported before I start to pester your support-guys again.

Also, which version(s) of the plugin are supported? All of them?

/Mikael

Not applicable
Author

Mikael,

I had a conversation with some guys in support, so here are a couple of quick comments on your questions:

• Sometimes the Enable Protected Mode setting can cause some issues in Vista. You might not have appropriate rights on the install side; try to run the installer via Run As Administrator from right-click menu once to see if the elevated privileges work better.
  • Sometimes the control doesn't show up in IE, and that might be a browser problem, so make sure all patches and updates are installed and check MSDN.
  • If you're still having problems, you should log a support case (http://www.qlik.com/formpage.aspx?id=1500)
  • The supported versions (at this point) are 8.50 SR6 and 9.0 SR1. Make sure you have upgraded your installation to these versions.

Hope this helps!

Not applicable
Author

Jason,

Is there a spec somewhere that outlines the list of currently supported browsers? We're deploying our first app soon and I haven't been able to find that information in the documentation or on the site.(FYI - We're deploying via the AJAX client on version 8.5 SR6.)

Thanks,

Jim

Not applicable
Author

Jason,

Thanks for the pointers, still no luck though.

I've made sure our Access Point-site is in the Trusted Sites zone, which means that Protected mode is off. I always run installers as administrator, just in case.

The problem I'm having sound exactly like your second point, the plugin isn't properly registered with Internet Explorer. When you say check MSDN, could you lpease be more specific? The machine I'm using to replicate the problem is a clean install of Windows Vista created just for this purpose. It's not a domain member and the only thing I've done with it is apply all the latest updates, add our server to Trusted Sites and then downloaded and run the installer.

I'll try and create a new support request today and give it another shot.

/Mikael

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Is there a solution to this problem yet? I am having the same issue.

I have installed the plugin on the same physical server as where I installed QVS. When accessing Access Point, and after downloading and installing the IE plugin, the model still doesn't show by using the plugin. It shows fine with the AJAX ZFC, but nothing with the IE plugin!

Running Windows Server 2008 (x86), IE 7.

When I installed the IE plugin on a client machine that runs Windows XP and IE 7, it works fine!

Please help.

Thanks in advance!

Not applicable
Author

OK!

Looks like I got it sorted out!

It was a new installation of Windows Server 2008, so after I installed a number of Windows Updates, especially the updates concerned with Security and ActiveX, I restarted the machine and tried again.

I received a warning message that said that the site was not trusted. I needed to add two sites to the trusted sites list. After that, it opened perfectly!

Hope this helps someone else...

Cheers-

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

we've got the problem, that IE Plugin doesn't work on citrix (OS Windows Server 2003, IE 7). The access point is shown correctly, but if I click on an application the IE throws the error "object expected" and shows nothing. It works with AJAX .

We also registered:
Register QlikOcx.ocx (regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\QlikView\QlikOcx\qlikocx.ocx")
Register qvp.dll (regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\QlikView\QvProtocol\qvp.dll")

What can I do to make it work on IE Plugin?

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Phil,

I would suggest logging this as a case with our support team through the Customer Portal or through the Support Form at http://www.qlik.com/formpage.aspx?id=1500.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

We are having a similar issue to this using 9.00 SR2 currently. I have read the comments about using Register etc. but given that we have quite a diverse Global audience, and we can not guarantee that all users will be able to do this, so it is a bit of a non-starter.

We have tried, firewall settings, local machine protection settings etc, but the different experiences by individual PCs on the same network is really strange.

Our symptom is that using IE Plugin causes the file to hang during opening. AJAX and Java work perfectly. We have discovered that copying and pasting the URL back in to the address bar and refreshing a second time sometimes works and we have also discovered the the login credential boxes can be found by minimizing the IE window. Some other times they are not there at all.

Adding the site to secure sites makes no difference either. Other than contact support does anyone have any experience of this that could shed some light?

Thanks

Lee