Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Column title color in pivot table with text color expression property

Hi all!

I have an expression in a pivot table that is formatted using "text color" option on expression properties. Depending on the expression value, we show values in red or blue color. It works perfect but the column title color changes too. We want to have the column title in white and the expression values in red or blue.

"Custom format cell" doesn't work because expression color properties seem to override the format values.

Any idea?

Thanks!

6 Replies
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You could try including an If statement incorporating the Dimensionality() function.

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

When I took a similar question to QlikTech support last year I was told that it is "working as designed". The title seems to take on the color of the "top" cell in the column. It wasn't a big problem for my project so we just decided to ignore it. Sorry I don't have any useful advice.

Not applicable
Author

Seems to be Tim is right. It takes the color of the first cell. Now if you are that particular that color should not change, try creating a text field and place it over the cell. Not a good idea if you allow to minimize the chart.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!

I'll try with the text field... It seems to be the best option.

Not applicable
Author

Same here,

color of first line or cell. Seems a problem for us in many terms of use. Don't know how to work around!? Seems like a bug and QV show this like a feature. Nice...

Greetings,

Jonas

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

A fix was requested back in 2009 on the Customer Portal. So far it only has three votes. If you want it changed, vote for it! 🙂

https://emea.salesforce.com/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=08720000000GnlS&srPos=0&srKp=087